LEGAL AFFAIRS DIVISION'S MISSIONS
Under the authority of a Head of Division, the Legal Affairs Division shall be responsible for:
- Preparing and finalizing, all draft instruments, Laws or regulations initiated by the Ministry or submitted to the Minister for signature;
- Conducting the procedures for the settlement of disputes between operators and regulators;
- Expressing a legal opinion on matters concerning the Ministry;
- Codification of Laws and regulatory texts governing the activities of the Ministry;
- Ascertaining that all acts endorsed by the Ministry are lawful;
- Promoting and popularizing legal culture within the Ministry; - Processing petitions for reprieve directed against the acts produced by the Ministry, in conjunction with the operational structures concerned;
- Defending the interests of the State before the courts when the Ministry is involved in a suit, in conjunction with the competent services of the Ministry of Justice.
It shall comprise:
- the Regulation and Studies Unit
- the Litigation Unit.
M.POKOSSY BELLE Emmanuel
Director of Legal Affairs Division